The Lauren Cowart Memorial Scholarship
Lauren Cowart was taken from us at the young age of 37 in a tragic boating incident that also took the life of her five year old daughter, Blakely. Lauren was a loving daughter and mother, as well as, a caring friend to many. Very outgoing, she never met a stranger and made everyone feel like family. She was always happy!As a talented designer, she was very detailed and professional in her work. She was a steadfast teammate. Lauren was heavily involved in AAF and particularly loved the American Advertising Awards. While we will miss Lauren always, the recipient of this $500 memorial scholarship will portray the traits that remind us of Lauren’s irreplaceable spirit.
- Entrant must be graduating from high school or currently attending college in the Augusta area.
- Entrant must be majoring in Advertising, Marketing, Graphic Design or Public Relations
- Entrant must have a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Entrant must write an essay of 300 words or less that explains how you help Lauren’s legacy live on through your life. Do people say you are generally an outgoing, happy person? Are you detailed and professional in your tasks? Are you a good teammate? What is your experience with AFF or the American Advertising Awards? Provide examples of these traits and experiences in your essay.
- Deadline for applications in January 31, 2020